Printable Web Pages as an Overlooked Marketing Resource
It becomes more and more clear, that online presence has
to be viewed as just one side of our total presence in
the market place. One aspect to improve the situation
for many websites would be to make it easy for visitors
to print web pages.
should be possible with longer texts as well as with product
pages and pages displaying just overviews. The potential
of prints from your website as a marketing tool should
ideas for print pages:
Full contact information of all kinds on one page, including
a map showing how to find you.
- Catalogue like pages.
- Schedules for deadlines, publishing dates or the like.
- Annotated lists of useful resources.
- Product descriptions.
- Teasers of book chapters etc.
- Fax and mail order forms.
- Instructions in how to use your products.
- Frequent asked questions with answers.
- If you run an advanced customer support system make
a page that shows how easily to find the relevant email
address for a specific inquiry.
- Reports (longer in pdf format or zip)
- Online ebooks.
to include on all print pages:
The full url of the page.
- The url of your home page.
- Basic contact information
- A short indication of which kind of product or service
you are offering.
- If needed a copyright notion (but don't spoil the potential
of viral marketing).
your print pages:
Make your pages look valuable for the customer.
- Make the pages inviting to be filed.
- Avoid heavy graphics.
- I will recommend avoiding all banners etc.
- Make your printable pages look like they are designed
to paper, e.g. make proper use of the space available
and use a font that is good for reading on paper.
- Keep the text column rather narrow to facilitate quick
- Prints will typical be made without background color
- White text on black background will not be visible.
into account that the standard paper formats for North
America and Europe are different. The standard for Europe
is the A4 format, which is slightly less wide and a bit
longer than the American standard.
you implement these aspects of printable web pages you
help your visitors to get the most out of the resources
from your website. You help them, too, to remember your
site and to come back. And - You help yourself with bridging
the gap between online and off-line marketing and visibility.
article is wirtten by Soren Breiting,
. Soren is also the editor of the ezine Stock
Photo News (www.StockPhotoNews.com)
- The first Modern eZine combining Stock Photography and
Marketing. See also Soren's amazing stock
photos at www.azFOTOS.com
are welcome to bring this article for FREE in your newsletter
or post it at your website as long as you keep everything
intact, including the information about the author and
free articles to use: